Wednesday

WoW hunter stuff...figuring out what I want to do after the next patch.

1. Spec. Everyone's testing seems to be showing Survival on top, the massive buffs to Explosive Shot are probably to thank for that. Actually, I'm not too upset--BM is getting nerfed pretty hard, but I like SV too, and it will be fun to have it as a viable raiding spec. If I was going to be expected to go MM I would be grumpy, since I hate that, but SV should be fun, and I think I'm going to give it a try. Good raid damage is a must for me, and since I love kiting and trapping I can't really complain. :)

2. Pet. I've finally gotten my little huntery butt over to the EJ forums and tried to figure out what they're talking about. It looks like Scorpids are on top, followed by cats--scorpids are cute, and the Tenacity tree is interesting, but I never would have expected them to top DPS with their poison. It sounds like it doesn't stack with applications of poison from other hunters' scorpids, so only one per raid is really useful, but I know that most of the other hunters in TTC use cats, so I think I can get away with it. Anyway, I really like the idea of a pet that's ideal for raiding, soloing, and PvP, and I think I even know which skin I want to tame. (Actually, it's between two--the strawberry milkshake colored ones from Tanaris, and the tan-and-teal pretties from Durotar. I'll put up pictures later but Blogger seems to be having trouble with that right now.)

Edit--looks like there are incoming changes to Scorpids that are NOT on the PTR right now but will be implemented in the next patch nonetheless. Cats are still on top. =/ Ah well, I might just get a Scorpid anyway.

3. Main. I'm definitely sticking with Hunter, I love the class, and I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I'm going to have to keep playing Izsera as my main for now of course, since she's already level 80, but I've got a little dwarf hunter too, and with the 1% extra crit with guns and the time I've put into her Engineering already, I'm really having fun. I think what I'm going to do is, once I get her up to level 80 and geared up form Heroics, make her my main, and bring Izzy when they need a hunter but I'm already saved to the instance on Kal.

No comments: